- Eight ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 10 x 4 portable mixer.
- Record up to 12 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 12-in, 4-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C at bit depths up to 32-bit float.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via BNC or Aux In/Stereo Out.
- Timecode and record triggering via HDMI.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Sunlight-readable color touch screen and LED metering.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes a MX-8AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), XL-WPH3 AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Customize with plugins from the Plugin Store.
What’s New in the MixPre-10 II?
- Bit depth up to 32-bit float for increased dynamic range.
- 32-bit float USB audio streaming – the only 32-bit float USB audio interface on the market.
- Same intuitive interface, more powerful hardware.
- Adjustable limiters.
- Increased output level to +18 dBu on TA3.
- Optional NoiseAssist Plugin.
Complex Productions, Simplified
Versatile. Durable. High-Performance.
If you record field audio, sound effects, audio for film, live music, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre-10 II is for you! With eight crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you can record multiple actors, multiple podcasters, or audio for film with superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float bit depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices’ award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
Your MixPre-10 II is highly customizable to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. Power with wall power, or record in the middle of nowhere with AA or Sony L-mount batteries. Adjust limiters, bit depth, sample rates, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power to your liking. Stay in sync with your camera using the internal timecode generator, or feed timecode in via HDMI, Aux In, or BNC. The choice is yours!
Professionals love the flexibility of the MixPre Series. Don’t need all those options? Basic mode has you covered.
Your MixPre-10 II is rugged, lightweight, and small, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera – or get situated on set with our Wingman App and one of our four supported USB control surfaces. With the superior sound and build quality that you can expect from the industry leader in production audio recording, your MixPre-10 II can capture audio for any application. Our friendly and knowledgeable support team, based in the USA and Germany, is here for all your questions and comments. Our job is to make your job easier.
Customize With Plugins
Suppress background noise instantly on-location with the NoiseAssist plugin for MixPre II Series. One instance of NoiseAssist can run on any channel, bus L, or bus R.
Using multiple microphones with your MixPre II? Enable MixAssist to reduce unwanted background noise while recording.
Are you a songwriter or musician? Buy the Musician Plugin to easily create a song using your MixPre-10 II as a standalone recorder or USB interface. Use onboard features like overdub, bounce, reverb, and tracking to a metronome. Create Music Projects to lay down backing tracks and use them live or at home for writing or practicing. Capturing your song ideas has never been easier! While in Music Mode, the MixPre-10 II is limited to eight simultaneous live inputs.
Download the Ambisonics Plugin to record in 360° audio and monitor binaurally with an ambisonic microphone like the Sennheiser AMBEO and your MixPre-10 II.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
- 10Hz to 80kHz +/- 0.5dB re 1kHz @ 192kHz sample rate
THD + Noise
- 0.005% max (@1kHz, 22-22kHz BW, gain=20dB, -10dBu in)
- 32 bit precision; 142dB dynamic range min (A-weighted, gain=10dB, fader=0dB)
Equivalent Input Noise
- -130dBV (-128dBu) max (A-weighting, gain=76dB, 150 ohm source impedance)
- Mic: XLR active-balanced; 4k input
- Line: XLR active-balanced; 4k input
- Aux/Mic in: 3.5mm TRS, 2-channel unbalanced; 100k input
- Line: ¼-inch TRS active-balanced; 4k input
- USB Audio: 4 channels
- 10 Total analog inputs: 8 mic-line inputs, 2 on Aux In
- All inputs fully RF-filtered and overload protected.
- Mic input: +6dB to +76dB
- Line input: -20dB to +30dB
- Fader: -inf to +20dB
- Headphone: -inf to +20dB
- Total, Mic-to-recording (max): +96dB
- Aux In (Mic): Gain = +10dB to +40dB
- Aux In (Line): Gain = -10dB to +20dB
- Total Aux Gain including Fader (Mic-to-recording): +60dB
Maximum Input Level
- Mic XLR: +14dBu (limiters on or off)
- Line XLR/¼-inch: +28dBu (limiters on or off)
- Aux In (Mic): -10dBu
- Aux In (Line): +10dBu
Low Cut Filters
- 40Hz to 160Hz (adjustable), 18 dB/oct. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital.
- Mic XLRs: 48V via 6.8k resistors, 10mA each
- Mic 3.5mm: 3V @ 3k source
- Limiter at all gain stages, range > 40dB. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital. Adjustable Threshold, Ratio, and Release.
DAC feeding Stereo Out, Headphone Out
- 32 bit precision; 115dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- TA3 2-channel balanced, 1.1K max output impedance, +18 dBu max output level
- 3.5mm TRS stereo unbalanced, 500 ohm output impedance, +7.8dBu max output level
- 3.5mm TRS stereo unbalanced, 300mW + 300mW, for use with any impedance headphones
- Audio Interface (USB-C): 12-in/4-out; 44.1 to 96 kHz; 16/24/32-bit integer, 32-bit float; Class-compliant USB 2.0 high speed or ASIO® driver (supplied via download)
- Mass Storage (USB-C): USB 2.0 high speed
- Keyboard (USB-A): Text entry and control
- Thumbdrive (USB-A): Manual or auto-copy to drive
- Midi Control Surface (USB-A)
Maximum Record Tracks
- 12 Tracks: Stereo mix + 10 ISOs
- 44.1 kHz
- 47.952 kHz
- 48 kHz
- 48.048 kHz
- 96 kHz
- 192 kHz
- 32 Float
- Type: SD, SDXC, SDHC Card (USB thumbdrive, copy only)
- Max Storage Size: 512 GB (SDXC)
- Card format: exFAT
- Polyphonic WAV
- Free Run
- Time of Day (file stamped w/current ToD)
- Rec Run
- Ext LTC (file stamped w/incoming LTC on BNC or Aux 3.5mm)
- Camera TC (file stamped w/incoming TC from cameras that output TC)
Timecode Frame Rates
- Auto-detects (fps): 23.98 (same as 23.976)
- Internal, Word Clock, Ext LTC
BNC In (TC In)
- Switchable between Timecode (default) or Word Clock Input
- Timecode: 20k ohm impedance, 0.3 V - 3.0 V p-p (–17 dBu - +3 dBu)
- Word Clock: 10k ohm impedance, 1.5V p-p
BNC Out (TC Out)
- Switchable between Timecode (default) or Word Clock Output
- Timecode: 1k ohm impedance, 3.0V p-p (+12 dBu)
- Word Clock: 75 ohm impedance, 5V p-p
- TC Reader via HDMI
- 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames per 24 hours)
- Bluetooth LE: Wireless control using Wingman app
- HDMI (micro): Auto-record start/stop trigger from cameras that output record flag over HDMI
- Timecode: Auto-record start/stop trigger via Aux In timecode
- 320x256; 1.6-inch, color, sunlight-viewable IPS LCD
- AA Batteries: 8x AA sled (included). NiMH recommended
- L-Mount: Optional sled for 2x (hot-swappable) Li-ion batteries
- AC Adapter: XL-WPH3 (included): Universal, 45 W in-line AC-to-DC power supply Hirose 4-pin DC plug, with detachable IEC power cord. 100-240, 50/60Hz
- Operating: -20°C to 60°C, 0 to 90% relative humidity; (non-condensing)
- Storage: -40°C to 85°C
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 3.6 cm x 20.6 cm x 17.5 cm
- 1.375” x 8.125” x 6.875”
- 0.91 kg (unpackaged, without batteries)
- 32.1 oz. (unpackaged, without batteries)